Press for "Disney Is a Drag"
I'll never forget the night I saw Manila's post on Facebook that Perez Hilton had blogged about my work. Soon other queer news sites followed suit:
- Perez Hilton - http://perezhilton.com/tag/digital_vector_art/#.UR0lB6UceSo
- NewNowNext - http://www.newnownext.com/rupaul-drag-race-disney-villains-pictures/04/2012/
- Jezebel - http://jezebel.com/5900721/the-queens-of-drag-race-as-disneys-most-venomous-villainesses/
- Dlnqnt - http://dlnqnt.com/blog/rupauls-disney-villainesses.html
- Homorazzi - http://www.homorazzi.com/article/rupauls-drag-race-alums-all-stars-disney-villainess-cruella-de-vil-manila-luzon/
- Queerty - http://www.queerty.com/bring-me-my-girls-drag-race-divas-do-disney-villainesses-20120408/
- ONTD - http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67984212.html
- Towleroad (Angelina/Maleficent) - http://www.towleroad.com/2014/05/angelina-jolie-would-be-thrilled-if-maleficent-inspired-drag-queens-video.html
- The Quire (Drag Queens Are Better Role Models Than Disney Princesses) - http://thequire.com/2013/09/30/this-is-why-drag-queens-are-better-role-models-than-disney-princesses/
- Vulture - http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/drag-race-contestants-reimagined-as-disney-villians.html
Latrice Royale (far left, out of drag) wearing my design on his shirt. I don't know the people on the right, nor did I make the shirt. How she acquired it is still a mystery...
When I met her, she did mention that the drawing had inspired her to make the costume. And here is that costume (photo by Kristoffer Reynolds):
Press for "All T All Shade Caricatures"
- Redesign Revolution (Diamond Ru) - http://www.redesignrevolution.com/12-artist-renditions-of-rupaul/
- Revolutionary Gay Magazine (Magnolia Crawford) - http://revolutionarygaymagazine.tumblr.com/post/80905064034/15-of-the-most-underestimated-queens-of-rupauls-drag